This sauce isn’t just for wings. Try it on salad, potatoes, and more!
Traditionally, buffalo sauce is tossed with crispy chicken wings to create the magical combination that is buffalo wings. Buffalo wings make the perfect appetizer for game day as well as a fun snack to share at a party or potluck. While I love buffalo wings as much as the next person, I also just love the sauce! Why limit your buffalo sauce to just chicken? Try it on pulled pork, a cob salad, or as a dip for fries.
My favorite buffalo sauce recipe combines vinegar, garlic, hot sauce, and butter to create a creamy, tangy sauce with depth of flavor and a slight kick of spice. My favorite part of this recipe is the butter. No surprise there, right? It balances out the hot sauce nicely, while still allowing the cayenne, paprika, and garlic to shine through. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce, and you have a mouth-watering sauce perfect for wings or anything else you want to spice up!
Go ahead and check out this easy recipe for the best buffalo sauce. If you’re looking for a great crispy chicken wing recipe to pair with your sauce, we’ve got one right here. Try your wings both baked and fried! Either way, they will be the perfect delivery system for buffalo sauce. Want to go the extra mile? Make our creamy blue cheese dip!
Easy Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- 1 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine Frank’s Red Hot, butter, white vinegar, cayenne, Worcestershire, garlic powder and paprika. Whisk together as butter melts until ingredients fully combine.
- Bring to a simmer. As an alternative, you can microwave butter until melted, then whisk together ingredients.
- When mixture reaches a simmer, remove from heat. Add salt to taste.
- Use to toss with wings or use as a dipping sauce.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Lizzy T.