This creamy dipping sauce with a bite of blue cheese is the perfect balance for spicy buffalo wings. It is also great with crisp veggies like carrots and celery. And let’s not forget about using this sauce as a salad dressing! There are so many uses for this over-the-top delicious and smooth dip.
I don’t know about you, but I’m all about easy prep recipes. The fewer dishes I dirty, the better, and if it can be made in one dish? That’s what I call perfection. This blue cheese dip is one of those recipes where everything is thrown right into a blender or food processor and then poured into a container.
Oh, and did I mention before how creamy this dip is? There’s sour cream, mayonnaise, and buttermilk, which means you’re in for a decadent and delightful dip. All that creamy goodness is balanced out with the bite of blue cheese, some lemon juice, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Use this dipping sauce with our homemade buffalo wings and easy buffalo sauce!
Creamy Blue Cheese Dip
Serves 4 10 minutes
- 2/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until blended. For a smoother dip, use food processor.
- Pour into an air-tight container and store in the fridge, letting everything marinate for at least an hour, but ideally up to 24 hours.
- Use as a dip for wings, veggies, or anything else! Store leftovers in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from Fifteen Spatulas.