You won’t believe the amazing flavor of this dish!
You don’t even know how amazing this dish is. A staple in our household for a while now, our family asks for it all the time and we can’t (nor want) to argue with them – it’s just that good. While it’s pretty easy to make a delicious roasted chicken, we amped up the flavor with this recipe using cranberries, fresh rosemary and balsamic vinegar. First whip up the marinade, then let the chicken soak up all the flavor. Pop it all in the oven and you’re good to go!
Our two favorite things about this recipe are the crispy skin that you get from cooking the chicken first skin side down, then putting it under the broiler for a few minutes, and the sauce that’s bursting with flavor that we scoop up and drizzle over our whole plate. Whether you’re entertaining or just whipping up something for the family, this dish delivers every time and will definitely make it back into your dinner rotation once you try it out. Enjoy!
Roasted Cranberry Balsamic Chicken
Serves 4; 1+ hour(s)
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (with or without skin), seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 sprigs rosemary, stems removed, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place marinade ingredients (1/3 cup cranberries, balsamic vinegar, 3 cloves garlic, olive oil, honey and soy sauce) in the bowl of food processor and pulse until finely ground and combined.
- Transfer marinade to a large plastic bag and add chicken. Squeeze out excess air, then seal bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- When ready, preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place chicken (skin side down) in a large baking dish, then top with 1/2 cup cranberries and minced rosemary.
- Whisk honey and balsamic vinegar together, then pour that over the chicken.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 20 minutes, then turn chicken over and cook for another 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Broil for 5 minutes, or until skin is crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.