The simple combination of strawberries and sweet cream is one that never goes out of style but this easy bundt cake brings the duo to you in technicolor style. You can thank both strawberry cake mix and strawberry jello for the bright pink hue here; this cake is pink as can be with a sweet cream cheese ribbon running through it. It’s the type of cake that doesn’t need frosting or icing or anything more than a dusting of powdered sugar – the delicious strawberries and cream flavor and moist and tender texture is more than enough.
There’s something about a bundt cake that seems a little more polished than a sheet cake or a loaf even though it’s not any extra trouble. And while this has two components – the strawberry cake and the cream cheese ribbon – it’s still very easy to put together. You start by making the batter, which is a quick mix of eggs, water, oil, strawberry cake mix, and strawberry jello, and pouring half of it into a bundt pan…
… Then you mix together cream cheese, butter, sugar, another egg, and a bit of vanilla and pour that over the pink cake batter.
More cake batter goes on top to close it in…
so after the cake comes out of the oven all you see is pink-pink-pink.
Until you slice into it and find the sweet and creamy ribbon that runs through the center, that is! And that cream cheese ribbon is really what makes this cake special. Without it, it would just be a pink strawberry cake that was maybe too one-note, maybe too basic, but instead, it’s all about that timeless combo of strawberry flavor and sweet creaminess.
Strawberries and Cream Bundt Cake
Yield 1 cake
15m prep time
45m cook time
For the cream cheese filling:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the strawberry cake:
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 oz) box strawberry jello
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a bundt pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- First make the cream cheese filling:
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, flour, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cake mix, 4 eggs, water, vegetable oil, and jello mix.
- Pour half of the cake batter into prepared pan. Top evenly with cream cheese filling, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Top with remaining cake batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45-60 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool completely before inverting onto a serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!