I love a good sheet pan dinner because it means I can just throw all my ingredients onto a pan and pretty much forget about it until the timer goes off. Make some rice or noodles to go with and dinner is taken care of. This sheet pan pineapple chicken recipe has a tangy mix of veggies and pineapple that enhances the chicken so much.
There’s also a lovely honey garlic teriyaki sauce to coat it all with so the flavor really bakes into the chicken in the oven. Just to make sure there’s plenty of zing there’s also a sauce to pour over the top just before serving. To me the sauce really makes the meal and this dinner is a great example of how a simple sauce can add so much life to a dish.
Something truly magical happens when you mix pineapple, bell peppers, and chicken. The flavors just compliment each other so well! Red onion also adds to the flavor as it’s naturally a bit sweet and gets even sweeter when baked like this.
To add some freshness sprinkle some chopped green onion over the top just before serving. They say you should “eat the rainbow” when it comes to fruits and veggies and this recipe delivers on that, with orange, purple, and green produce making for a lively presentation.
Using parchment paper makes getting the food into your serving dish easy as can be.
Serve this on top of white rice, brown rice, couscous, or even noodles for a wonderful, quick meal that has the perfect balance of sweet, tangy, and fresh flavors. It’s a winning combination.
Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken
45m prep time
19m cook time
For the sheet pan:
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lb uncooked chicken strips
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
For the glaze and serving:
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Combine teriyaki sauce, garlic powder, and honey. In large bowl toss chicken, bell pepper, onion, and pineapple with sauce. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 420˚F. Spread oil over large baking sheet. Spread chicken and vegetables over pan. Cook for 15-18 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- While chicken and veggies are cooking whisk together cornstarch, teriyaki sauce, and honey for glaze. Microwave for 30-60 seconds or until thickened. Drizzle sauce over chicken and veggies and top with green onions.
- Serve over rice, couscous, or noodles and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Today.