If this doesn’t jump start your day, we don’t know what will!
We’re not ashamed to say that the slow cooker is our best friend in the kitchen, but we typically only use it for dinnertime meals. Well that’s about to change with this amazingly delicious breakfast casserole! Packed with morning staples like hash browns, eggs, sausage, and cheese, our whole family loves this dish on the weekend (especially if somehow there are leftovers to start Monday morning with), and we love being able to prep it the night before…waking up to the smell of breakfast and knowing our work is already done is pretty much the best way to start the weekend!
Slow Cooker Italian Breakfast Casserole
Serves 12; 30 minutes active; 4-8 hours inactive
- 1 (20 oz.) package shredded hash browns
- 1 pound Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated, divided
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Spread half of hash browns out on the bottom of slow cooker and top with half of browned sausage, onion and peppers.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese on top of the veggies, then repeat with another layer of potatoes, sausage, onions and peppers.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining cheese over everything.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a large bowl, then add in Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over everything in the slow cooker, then cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or low for 8-9 hours.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Seasoned Mom