Hopefully everyone knows by now how well cheese and fruit go together, but we’re here today to really take things to the next level. Raspberry cheese bombs. Fried bites of goodness stuffed with raspberry jam and your choice of cheese (we did goat cheese and brie), these things are perfect for an evening of entertaining, or if you just feel like switching things up and trying something new in the kitchen.
With three main ingredients (refrigerated French bread dough, raspberry jam, and cheese), these bombs come together super easily, then all you have to do is drop them in some hot oil, and wait until they’re golden brown and cooked through all the way. Feel free to get your family involved with making these bad boys, and you can even get creative so everyone can customize their own…the options are endless and you really can’t go wrong!
Raspberry Cheese Bombs
Serves 20; 30min
- 1 package refrigerated French bread
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup brie or goat cheese powdered sugar, optional
- vegetable oil, as needed
- Heat 3-4 inches vegetable oil in a large pot (making sure there are at least 3 inches between the oil and the top of the pot) over medium-high heat, until approximately 350º F.
- Unroll refrigerated dough and use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut dough into 20 pieces.
- Spread a small amount raspberry jam on each piece of dough, then place a piece of brie or goat cheese in the center.
- Wrap surrounding dough around the center filling to create a ball. Try to avoid filling from spilling out/not being contained.
- Repeat with remaining dough balls, then, in batches, add 4-5 dough balls to hot oil and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Note: oil is hot enough when water sizzles when sprinkled in.
- Transfer fried bombs to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Sweet C’s Designs