These nachos make for an easy dinner or a perfect appetizer for game day!
You know what always sounds good? Chips. And what’s better than plain chips? Chips piled high with meat, veggies, seasonings, sour cream, and guacamole, of course!
Sure, you might wonder why you need a recipe for nachos. They are basically chips, meat, and cheese, after all. I can agree that pretty much any form of those three ingredients is going to turn out amazing, but I’m of the mindset that even our most favorite recipes can be improved upon. Don’t believe me? Let’s take a look.
We start off strong with a layer of chips. Hey, I didn’t say I was reinventing the wheel, here. Next, brown your hamburger and stir in a packet of taco seasoning and salsa. Now we’re getting somewhere! Spread the meat mixture over the chips, and then layer on black beans, corn, olives, and cheeses.
Let’s pause to talk about cheese options. You could go for Mexican blend shredded cheese or use what you have on hand – in my case, cheddar and mozzarella. If you really want to go the extra step, you can search for Queso Quesadilla to mix in with your cheddar cheese.
Once you have those layers ready to go, pop the sheet pan in the oven and let bake for 5-6 minutes, until everything is heated through. Top with the rest of the ingredients – tomato, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro. Serve these bad boys up with sour cream and guacamole.
Not only is the taste incredible, but just look at those colors! This is truly one appetizer that looks as good as it tastes. These nachos also make for an easy weeknight dinner that’s a break from the norm. I’m sure the family won’t complain about having loaded nachos for dinner!
Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos
10m prep time
5m cook time
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16oz) jar salsa
- 1 (12oz) bag corn chips
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8.5oz) can corn, drained
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for serving
- Sour cream & guacamole for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown hamburger in a large skillet over medium heat, then mix in salsa and taco seasoning.
- Spread out tortilla chips in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top with ground beef mixture, black beans, corn, olives, and cheese.
- Bake until heated through and the cheeses have melted, about 5-6 minutes.
- Top with tomato, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Recipe adapted from Savory Nothings.