If you’re looking for a fresh and healthy spring salad we’ve got just the recipe for you! Perfect as a side dish or a light lunch with a little protein, this tangy Lemon Asparagus salad is easy to throw together and just bursting with flavor. The bright notes of lemon compliment the nutty asparagus perfectly and a healthy dose of feta cheese adds just the right amount of creaminess. Asparagus is an awesome source of fiber and high in vitamin C, making it a choice you can feel good about at any meal.
The only cooking you’ll need to do for this recipe will be roasting the asparagus. Chop off and discard the woody ends, then cut the stalks into bite-sized pieces. Toss them in some olive oil and a little salt and pepper and roast at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes. You want them to be tender, but still holding their shape. As the asparagus is roasting, chop the herbs and shallot, zest and juice the lemon, and make sure your peas are thawed. Whisk together the simple dressing and your salad is ready to assemble!
This refreshing salad is great alongside some grilled chicken or a creamy pasta dish. The lemon and feta flavors pair well with Greek food inparticular. No matter the occasion, this Lemon Asaparagus Salad makes for a standout side dish. Give it a try next time you’re entertaining and you won’t be disappointed. Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Lemon Asparagus Salad
10m prep time
12m cook time
- 2 large bunches asparagus, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup peas, frozen and thawed or fresh
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallot
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim the woody bottoms off the asparagus and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Place asparagus on a baking tray, toss in 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- As asparagus cooks, whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove asparagus from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cooled asparagus and remaining salad ingredients to a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired and serve at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Alexandracooks.com