There’s no point trying to practice self-restraint…this stuff is just too good!
As we’ve mentioned time and time again, we really can’t get enough of jalapeño poppers. They’re creamy, spicy and deliciously crispy on the outside (and crunchy when wrapped in bacon), and we’re totally susceptible to their beckoning power. When we were brainstorming what to make the other day in preparation for having some friends over, naturally poppers came to mind, but we didn’t want to have to fry a whole bunch of them while we had company…so we came up with this!
Jalapeño popper corn salad. Filled with corn, bacon, jalapeños and cream cheese, this “salad” is one you won’t soon forget. The sweet corn goes perfectly with the crunchy bacon, the peppers add just the right amount of kick, and the cream cheese and sour cream balance everything out. Pure heaven.
Jalapeño Popper Corn Salad
Serves 8-10; 15 minutes
- 5 cans corn kernels (or 8 cooked ears of corn), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 jalapeños, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- green onions, garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté corn kernels until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, bacon and jalapeños, then stir in cheddar cheese, cream cheese and sour cream.
- Season with chili powder, and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until chilled.
Recipe adapted from Wonky Wonderful