Pancakes are a natural choice when you’ve got a group of morning guests to feed, but there’s a better way to serve them up than standing at the stove and cooking batch after batch after batch. Our Fluffy Pancake here uses the genius of the Instant Pot for a set-it-and-forget-it option that’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Our Instant Pot Fluffy Pancake is still a pancake, but it’s a slice and serve option that feeds a crowd… kind of like a pancake-cake. It’s made from a simple batter – just five ingredients – so it takes only a few minutes until you can pour it into the Instant Pot and walk away. When you return, you return to a fluffy and delicious pancake that goes perfectly with whatever pancake toppings you happen to love. We love butter, maple syrup, and some fresh blueberries.
When you release the lid, you’ll see a pale and bubbly surface. At this point, the pancake should bounce back from your touch and be pulling away from the sides. The bottom will be golden brown, and all you need to do is use a spatula or butter knife to release it before inverting it and slicing and serving it to the hungry folks around your table. That’s so much easier than slaving over a stove!
Instant Pot Pancake
45 minutes to prepare serves 4-6
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- maple syrup, for serving
- butter, for serving
- blueberries, for serving
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a large bowl, then gradually whisk in flour, baking powder and sugar, stirring until few to no lumps remain.
- Generously grease instant pot insert with butter or cooking spray, then pour pancake batter in.
- Close lid, making sure vent is sealed, then set manually to low pressure. Cook for 40-45 minutes, or until sides pull away from instant pot and top of pancake springs back when touched lightly.
- Use a paring knife to gently release the sides of the cake, then use a spatula to remove the cake, or invert it onto serving platter.
- Top with preferred garnishes and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Kirbie Cravings.