Another one-pot-wonder from our new favorite kitchen gadget puts dinner on the table in no time!
There’s really no end to what we can cook in our Instant Pot, and our next favorite meal to prepare in this amazingly wonderful kitchen tool is our creamy ziti dinner. This one-pot-wonder means that we can have a satisfying meal on the table in under 30 minutes, and on busy weeknights that makes a HUGE difference for our family.
Typically we cook our pasta in water, but for this recipe, we’re using chicken broth and heavy cream and it sure does make a difference. There’s a richness that comes from using chicken broth as cooking liquid – as we all know – and we’re all for simple ways of adding flavor to simple dishes. The noodles go in dry along with the broth, heavy cream, and seasonings like garlic and onion powder, and dried basil. All we have left to do is turn on the Instant Pot and let it work its magic.
We need two more ingredients to finish the meal: tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese, and we’re rather generous with the cheese because it’s just so good! All of this is mixed together in our Instant Pot and a warm meal is ready to be served. The noodles are cooked to perfection and are coated in a rich, creamy sauce that is beyond delicious. Naturally, we like to serve this with a little extra Parmesan on top, just for good measure. Truly, our Instant Pot is a kitchen-wonder, and our whole family enjoys simple and satisfying meals like this creamy ziti all made in our Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Creamy Ziti
Serves 4; 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 oz. dry ziti pasta
- 1 cup red (marinara or tomato basil) sauce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place noodles in instant pot and pour chicken broth and heavy cream on top. Do not stir. Noodles should be completely submerged in liquid.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, salt and pepper on top, then close lid, making sure vent is sealed.
- Set instant pot to high pressure for 6 minutes, then quick release steam (by carefully opening steam vent).
- Add 3/4 red sauce (reserving some in case you want it thicker to start), then gradually stir in cheese until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Transfer to bowls, serve hot and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Cooking With Karli.