One of those rare light dishes everyone loves…
Fresh yet filling, this is one of those brilliantly simple salads that everyone loves. It’s ridiculously fast to whip up, and so full of flavor, you’ll forget you’re actually eating something healthy – that should never be a chore, right?
Handy when you’re short on time, this conveniently minimal recipe has become one of our most requested at potlucks and grilling parties. No matter how much we make, it gets completely devoured every time! Refreshing, light and able to appease a hungry crowd, this perfect little orzo dish hits every mark!
Fresh Orzo Salad With Barley And Rice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup medium grain rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup barley, cooked
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 cups corn
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- To make the salad, mix together orzo, rice, barley, tomatoes, corn, parsley and basil in a large bowl. Mix in vinaigrette, top with pine nuts and serve!
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe