Plus, we switched things up a little with the ingredients…
When we want to make a meatloaf, but don’t want to wait for it to cook, we turn to these delicious meat patties. Ready in about 30 minutes, these patties give all the great flavor of home-cooked meatloaf without a long bake time. The ground turkey in this recipe provides a nice background for onions, garlic and Italian seasonings, but ground beef is an acceptable option if that is what you have on hand. We like to get the kids involved with the mixing and shaping of these patties. They like squishing the ingredients together and pressing the patties into shape, and everything tastes better when you help to make it! We serve these patties with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable for a quick dinner that tastes like it took hours to make.
Savory and Delicious Meat Patties
Serves 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- Place ground turkey in a large mixing bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, milk, egg, salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion and garlic to turkey. Stir or use your hands to incorporate all ingredients until well combined.
- Shape meat mixture into 6 evenly sized balls.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Press the prepared balls into the hot oil to flatten slightly.
- Cook patties until brown and firm, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add chicken stock to the pan. Continue cooking patties turning frequently until they are cooked thoroughly, about another 5 minutes total.
- Place patties on a plate to rest before serving, 5 minutes.
Recipe adapted from My Gourmet Connection