We can’t believe all of this goodness requires so little effort!
This creamy chicken and potato casserole is our new go-to solution for those nights when we really need a break from the kitchen. We had this dish ready for the oven in no time last night. Then we sat back and relaxed with the family while the oven did the work for us. The results were absolutely fabulous!
It’s creamy and cheesy, hearty and flavorful, and sprinkled with yummy bacon for a taste we all adore. We can’t believe all of this goodness requires so little effort. It’s an all-around win-win…we get to enjoy our evening, and there’s still something wonderful on the dinner table to share with our loved ones!
Creamy Chicken and Potato Casserole
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk sugar into heavy cream in small bowl. Stir in thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine chicken and potatoes in prepared baking dish. Top with crumbled bacon and 1 cup of cheese. Pour seasoned cream over casserole. Dot with butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven 1 hour. Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake 15 to 20 until cheese melts and casserole is bubbly. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
Recipe adapted from Rasa Malaysia