A dinner that cooks up quickly and is easy to clean up…we can’t ask for much more!
If there’s one thing we’re not crazy about in this house, it’s dishes. That’s why we love one-pan meals, and this recipe for chicken and mushroom dinner cooks up quickly on the stove and it’s super easy to clean up. We can’t ask for much more!
As flavorful as it is easy, this recipe is full of hearty chicken and mushrooms with bright peas in a gravy made with chicken broth for extra flavor. We stir in cooked instant rice at the very end (we start our rice right before cooking up the veggies to save time), but sometimes we serve the sauce over egg noodles instead. Fresh peas and snow peas taste amazing in this dish, but frozen works in a pinch if it’s what we have on hand. If you need a new easy weekday meal, try our chicken and mushroom dinner for an instant classic the whole family will love.
One Skillet Chicken With Rice, Mushrooms and Peas
Serves 4; 20 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 pound portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quick cooking brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in rice.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Lower heat and cover, 10 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Toss in peas and stir to warm through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with parsley as garnish.
Recipe adapted from Becky's Best Bites