We love quick and easy dinner ideas that really satisfy and don’t cost a fortune.
We love quick and easy dinner ideas that really satisfy and don’t cost a fortune. This cheesy chicken casserole is a definite solution. We threw it together in a pinch last night to use up some leftover chicken, and it took us no time to get it in the oven. In under an hour, it was on the table…rich, creamy and oh-so-cheesy satisfaction with barely any effort!
Casseroles are a great way to put something warm and delicious on the table without creating a ton of messy dishes. And everyone clears their plates when we serve this dish, so cleanup is super easy! The kids thought it was amazing, and we adored the comforting flavor. This meal is the perfect way for our family to wind down after busy days at work and school.
Cheesy Chicken with Rice and Red Peppers
Serves 4 50 minutes
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk cream of chicken soup and milk in large bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add shredded chicken, rice, onion and red pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar and 1/2 cup Colby Jack and mix until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar and 1/2 cup Colby Jack. Bake in preheated oven 40 to 50 minutes until rice is cooked and casserole is bubbly.
Recipe adapted from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom