Recipes like this are weeknight dinner treasures!
This cheesy chicken broccoli rice bake is one of our go-to meals on busy weeknights. Everything cooks in one dish, and this satisfying casserole is ready for the oven in minutes. It’s perfect for those evenings when dinner isn’t the only thing demanding our attention. We can tackle our to-do list and still put a savory meal on the table!
There’s nothing fancy about this dish, just chicken, veggies, and rice topped with melted cheddar cheese. Our entire family thinks this hardy chicken and rice bake is absolutely delicious. Recipes like this are true treasures…this cheesy casserole delivers so much flavor and satisfaction, and it requires practically no effort!
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bake
Serves 6; 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 head broccoli, cut in florets
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together water and cream of chicken soup in prepared baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chicken, broccoli and corn. Add carrots, onion, garlic and rice. Stir until well combined.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and transfer to preheated oven to bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Place dish back in oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese has just melted.