Sure, you could go out and buy a can of soup, but there’s something so satisfying about cooking and making the whole meal yourself! When you see how simple this recipe really is, you’ll be kicking yourself for not trying it out sooner. This is so much better than the canned stuff! With fresh herbs, real cream, and a dash of butter, what’s not to love?
There are a lot of delicious recipes that call for cream of mushroom soup, like green bean casserole and beef stroganoff. Imagine how amazing these dishes would taste with your very own homemade cream of mushroom? Of course, this soup is a classic in and of itself – no need for casseroles or noodles here, just dish up and serve with bread!
Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 cup Crimimi mushroom, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- a pinch of kosher salt
- 2 pinches fresh ground pepper
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the minced shallot and stir to saute until just soft (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper then stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the pan with flour and continue to stir, letting the flour cook for another minute or two. Whisk in cream and broth.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until it has thickened (about 5 to 8 minutes), whisking continually. Serve warm with croutons or sprig of rosemary.
Recipe adapted from Simply Scratch.