Green bean casserole is a traditional staple in many families’ holiday dinners and it’s the one dish that we absolutely must make in order to make any meal feel festive. While there are tons of different ways to spruce up your casserole – and we’ve tried most of them – we keep coming back to the classic version. We’ve cheesed ours up a bit to make it extra rich and creamy, also in part due to the Campbell’s condensed soup we threw in there, and our family can’t get enough of it! If you’ve got your own green bean cass recipe that you want to spruce up, or if you’re only now incorporating it into your holiday routine, this dish won’t disappoint!
Green Bean Casserole
- 2 (10.5 oz.) cans Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 6 cups cooked green beans
- 2 2/3 cups fried onions, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl or directly in a 9×13-inch casserole dish, mix together cooked green beans, Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, 1 1/3 cup onions, cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, stir everything together, and sprinkle remaining onions over the top.
- Return baking dish to oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or until onions are golden and crispy.
Recipe adapted from Campbell’s Kitchen