This dish is a classic for a reason…we can’t get enough!
Beef stroganoff is a classic dish that always makes us think of our grandmother and the times she would make it for us when we were growing up. Because of that, we serve it pretty frequently in our household and are faithful to our tried-and-true recipe that everyone loves. For us, the trick is in the thickness of the sauce, something that we achieve by using good old Campbell’s® condensed cream of mushroom soup. When we make it like this, the sauce comes out perfectly every time and coats the noodles just the way we like…even if you have a stroganoff recipe you know and love, you should give this one a shot – it delivers!
Classic Beef Stroganoff
(10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (10.5 oz.) canCampbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (14 oz.) can beef broth
- 10 oz. egg noodles
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak, thinly sliced into small strips
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoons unsalted-butter
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Season beef with salt and pepper, then cook in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until browned on all sides.
- Pour off fat and transfer beef to a bowl.
- AddCampbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, broth, 1/2 cup water and onion to the same skillet, stir together until combined and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until thickened.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook egg noodles according to packaging directions, or until al dente.
- Once cooked, toss with butter and set aside.
- Return beef to sauce and whisk in yogurt. Transfer noodles to serving bowls and top with a generous spoonful of stroganoff.
- Garnish with parsley or cayenne, if using, and serve hot.
Recipe adapted fromCampbell’s KitchenSKM: below-content placeholder