I don’t know about you, but when I make chocolate chip cookies, I generally look forward to eating the dough more than I do actually eating the finished cookie. So why not just start and end with the delicious cookie dough? That’s what this easy fudge does. It tastes just like chocolate chip cookie dough, and the extra good news is that it’s also a no-bake treat that’s egg-free and totally safe to eat. It sounds too good to be true, but it’s not.
Did you know that when it comes to eating raw cookie dough, it’s the uncooked flour that’s more of an issue than the raw eggs? This fudge version eliminates both problems with one simple trick. You just have to nuke the flour in the microwave for a quick minute to get rid of any nasties and you’re good to go.
You beat together some classic cookie dough ingredients – butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla…
… before stirring in the cooked flour and some white chocolate that’s been melted with some sweetened condensed milk.
Once the chocolate chips have been added, all you have to do is spread the mixture into a pan and let it chill until it’s firm. The white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk give it a moist texture that’s very similar to cookie dough, so finally, you can have your delicious dough and eat it too!
No-Bake Cookie Dough Fudge
Serves 24; 10 minutes active, 2+ hours inactive
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Grease an 8x8-inch pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Microwave the flour for 1 minute. Set aside to cool. Place mini chocolate chips in freezer until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugars, milk, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour and salt and beat until combined.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between.
- Pour melted white chocolate into flour mixture and stir until smooth. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, smoothing out top with a rubber spatula. Chill for 2 hours before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cooking wtih Karli.