This simple and savory pie is stuffed with zucchini, shallots, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Add this recipe to the list of all time favorite zucchini dishes! This simple and savory pie is stuffed with zucchini, shallots, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. With eggs, cheese, and milk, this recipe certainly tastes decadent, but it’s quite healthy! At just 125 calories per serving, this veggie dish is packed with protein and fiber.
We love how this recipe is so versatile! You could add some shredded chicken, peas, and carrots to make a lighter version of chicken pot pie. Really, any veggies you want to throw in would only add to the health factor. Get creative with this zucchini pie, and let us know how it turns out in the comments below!
Cheesy Zucchini Pie
Serves 6-8 45 min
- 10 oz zucchini, shredded and drained
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/4 fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F, and lightly coat a pie dish (or regular baking dish) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, shallots, chives, and mozzarella. Spread zucchini mixture evenly in the bottom of the pie pan.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and baking powder together. Add in milk, olive oil, eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour flour mixture over the zucchini mixture in the pie pan and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until knife comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes, and serve hot!
Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste.