If sheet pan meals had a fan club, I would be first in line to become a member. Because what’s better than combining a bunch of ingredients on a baking sheet, tossing it in the oven, and coming back to a healthy, delicious, homemade meal in less than half an hour? Not a whole lot. Sheet pan meals just make dinner so easy, so they’re easy to love. I especially love this combination, which uses some of my favorite fall veggies and a couple of fun toppings as a sort of flavor finale.
I like to use sausage on a sheet pan because it cooks so quickly and since this one uses smoked sausage, all you really have to worry about is browning it. Kielbasa is a great choice with this combo, but any kind of pre-cooked sausage will work just fine.
The sausage is combined with sweet potatoes, red onion, and Brussels sprouts – my fall fave – and the whole lot is tossed in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, thyme, oregano, and sage. That means everything gets nicely browned, but also infused with a nice garlic-herb flavor.
While you could stop there and call it a meal, a little sprinkling of chopped pecans and dried cranberries really takes this to the next level. They add some tart-sweetness and a nice crunch to the tender veggies they go along with and it’s the perfect contrast to the smokiness in the sausage. Enjoy!
Autumn Sausage Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner
Serves 4; 30 minutes
- 1 package (13 ounces) smoked sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, ends and outer leaves removed, and halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F and coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together thyme, oregano, sage, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange sausage, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and onion on sheet pan.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic and herb mixture, and toss to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, toss, and continue baking until veggies are tender, 10-15 minutes more. Add cranberries and pecans, toss, and serve. Enjoy!