You can’t go wrong with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but if you’re feeling decadent you’ll want to give this PB&J bacon loaf (aka the “Fool’s Gold Loaf”) a try. If you’re up to the challenge, follow the quick-and-easy recipe from our friends at Spoon University.
Fool's Gold Loaf
Serves 4-6; 25 minutes
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1 jar peanut butter
- 1 jar jelly
- 5-oz. butter/margarine
- 12 strips bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cover the bread in an even layer of butter.
- Bake bread for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan on medium heat to desired crispiness.
- Remove bread from oven and cut in half.
- Hollow out the halves of the loaf, leaving a shell of crust.
- Fill the halves with the peanut butter and jelly.
- Place bacon on one of the halves and put the halves together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from Spoon University