An easy-as-can-be slow cooker dinner that’s so delicious it might as well be sent from above.
Some great recipes are all about cooking from scratch. This is not one of those recipes. This is about pairing chicken with five shortcut ingredients and your slow cooker and ending up with a delicious meal that took basically no effort from you. Maybe Slow Cooker Angel Chicken is named that way because it’s sent from heaven… or maybe because it’s plated over angel hair pasta. We’ll never know.
This feeds a crowd, for sure, so feel free to reduce the recipe as needed. But you’re not going to believe how easy this is. Ready?
Okay. First, you arrange six chicken breasts in the slow cooker. (Boneless skinless is fine here.)
Then, on your stovetop, you’re going to combine cream cheese, some butter, some white wine, a can of cream of chicken soup, and a packet of Italian dressing mix in a saucepan.
Heat until it’s melted and then pour that sauce alllll over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Close it up and cook on low for four to six hours. Six will give you more shreddable chicken, but four is just fine. In other words, you’ve got some leeway, which is always nice.
Plate that over some angel hair pasta and you’ve got a full meal, complete with a creamy, savory, delicious sauce and juicy, tender chicken. And it took, what, six minutes to get in the slow cooker? Sent from the angels? You decide!
Slow Cooker Angel Chicken
10m prep time
4h cook time
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (0.7 oz) packet Italian dressing mix
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In a saucepan, combine dressing mix, cream cheese, butter, soup, and white wine over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cream cheese has melted and everything is mixed together.
- Pour sauce over chicken and place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours. Serve over angel hair pasta. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken.