This recipe takes personal pizza to a whole new level. Pizza on a stick? Why didn’t we think of it sooner? It’s no fuss, no muss, and it’s totally versatile. You can use whatever toppings your heart desires. This technique would be perfect for your next pizza party. And let’s be real – pizza in kebab form might blow your guest’s minds!
This is so quick and convenient and it’s a little bit healthier than your standard slice of pizza. While it has all the pizza flavor, the veggie to cheese ratio is a little bit better in favor of your health. And as long as it tastes just as good, we’re certainly not complaining!
This is a favorite for the kids. It’s a fun Friday night dinner that they love to help with. They love to load theirs up Hawaiian pizza style, but we love ’em just like this.
Serves 6-8; 20 minutes
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz Italian sausage, cooked and sliced
- 8 oz small whole mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 oz pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Soak 10 wooden skewers and thread them with sausage, onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, pepperoni, and mushrooms, alternating ingredients.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 1-inch wide strips. Starting at the point of each skewer, pierce end of dough strip and wrap around the skewer, allowing meat and veggies to poke through. Wrap end of dough around skewer to fasten.
- Place skewers on prepared baking sheet and bake until pizza dough is golden and veggies are tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese has melted. Let cool to touch and serve with pizza sauce for dipping. Enjoy!