Melt In Your Mouth Chicken is so popular that every recipe site out there seems to have a version of it. It is even so well known that it often just goes by its acronym – MIYM. So why is it so darn popular? Because it’s GOOD. And incredibly easy to boot. It’s a quick baked method that gives you moist, tender chicken with a delicious creamy topping and it goes with everything, from rice to potatoes to pasta. All I’m saying is, if you’re looking for your next go-to chicken recipe, look no further.
Now, you’ll see some MIYM Chicken recipes out there that use yogurt, some that use sour cream, some that use mayo, and some that use some combination of the three. Ours uses just mayo, and while mayo spread on top of chicken and baked in the oven might sound a little odd, sometimes you just have to trust.
The truth is, all that fat in the mayo makes for some seriously moist chicken and since we mix ours with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and some parmesan cheese, there’s also all the flavor you could hope for. Our recipe calls for cutting your chicken breasts in half and that results in a quicker baking time, but make sure to keep an eye on it. They cook through quickly and you don’t want to lose that wonderful moist texture!
Once you try this, you’ll see why it’s such a popular recipe. It’s the kind of go-to recipe we all need, one that’s quick and easy, but turns out absolutely delicious, moist chicken every time.
Melt in Your Mouth (MIYM) Chicken
5m prep time
20m cook time
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan, divided
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, half of the parmesan, the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken in baking dish and spread mayonnaise mixture over each piece. Sprinkle parmesan over the top.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, 20-25 minutes. Broil 1 minute to brown top, if desired.
- Let rest 5 minutes, then serve. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Key To My Lime.