Check out this decadent, delicious, and easy to prepare recipe!
It’s no secret that here at 12 Tomatoes, we’re fans of casseroles. What’s not to love? Throw everything in a dish, pop it in the oven, and forty-five minutes later, you have a delicious dinner on your hands. Not only are casseroles easy to prepare, but they are also easy to clean up. How can anyone say no to that?
Now, how about a casserole that the whole family will devour or one that will win “favorite dish” at your next pot luck? Try out this Million Dollar Ravioli Casserole! Truly, this meal ticks off all of the best boxes – cheesy, creamy, hearty, and loaded with flavor.
There’s a less than 2% chance of you having leftovers, but if you do, this casserole can easily be stored in the fridge or freezer to be eaten at a later date. Even better, you can do all the prep work and stick the pan in the fridge for later. All you have to do is throw it in the oven and be done with it!
With all the savory flavors of lasagna, and a few added ingredients for that extra level of creaminess, this Million Dollar Ravioli Casserole is sure to be a hit with friends and family alike. Just what makes it million dollar worthy?
Like most things in life, the secret ingredient is cheese. Cream cheese, to be exact. Coupled with sour cream and marinara sauce, the overall richness is balanced perfectly with a subtle tanginess that only enhances the meat sauce.
This meal is made even easier by using frozen three-cheese ravioli. Add a sprinkle of mozzarella, some parmesan, garlic, and Italian seasoning, and you have a delicious dinner that’s sure to become a hit with friends and family alike.
Million Dollar Ravioli Casserole
Serves 6 1 Hour
- 1 (25 oz) package frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated and divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through. Stir in the marinara sauce and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, half of the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt until smooth. Add ravioli and toss gently to coat.
- Spread ravioli into prepared baking dish. Pour meat sauce over the top of the ravioli and sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken.