Okay, are you ready for the cutest treat?? (You’re not ready.) While nothing could really beat the thrill of sitting around a bonfire roasting your own marshmallows to make s’mores, these s’mores pockets come pretty close. They’re ridiculously cute and delicious, plus, they give a common household tool an extra use. What is this kitchen staple you ask? Ice cube trays! We’ve found that ice cube trays are the perfect size for making little pockets of goodness. In this case, s’mores goodness, filled with chocolate squares and marshmallows.
To start, you lie a sheet of store-bought pie dough across your ice cube tray – don’t worry if it doesn’t fully cover the tray, since you can fill the space with scrap dough, or just make another batch – then gently (so gently!) use your knuckles to press the dough down into the ice cube molds.
Place your marshmallows and chocolate squares into the pockets, then lay your second sheet of pie dough over the tray. It’s okay if the marshmallows and chocolate don’t lie flush with the tray, you’ll seal everything closed with the second sheet of dough. Then you just press all the edges together to create your sealed pockets. You’re almost there!
Turn you ice cube tray over and carefully extract your pockets, then just place them on a lined baking sheet and put them in the oven. A little butter and a dusting of sugar take things over the edge (in the best way possible) and you’re left with golden brown, bite-sized pieces of joy to bite into. Plus, since they’re so tiny, we don’t see the harm in having at least two or three – we won’t tell if you end up having a couple (read: a lot) more.
Anyway, this treats are so cute and yummy and perfect for anytime you’ve got loved ones over. Try ‘em out and you might just end up making them more frequently than regular s’mores!
Mini S’Mores Pockets
- 1 (14.1 oz.) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 (10 oz.) bag marshmallows
- 1 (1.5 oz.) bar milk, semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- raw or turbinado sugar, optional, for dusting
- ice cube tray
- Preheat oven to 375º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take 1 sheet of pie dough and lay it gently over ice cube tray.
- Working carefully, gently use your knuckles to loosely press the pie dough into the ice cube molds.
- Place one marshmallow in each mold, then top with 1 square of chocolate.
- Lay remaining pie crust on top of ice cube tray and use a rolling pin to seal all the edges together.
- Once edges are sealed, use a paring knife or kitchen shears to trim away any excess dough.
- Flip ice cube tray over and gently remove mini s’mores pies. Cut in between “pies” and transfer each one to lined baking sheet.
- Brush each pie with melted butter then sprinkle sugar on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!