It doesn’t get much better than this on Saturday morning!
When it comes to breakfast, our favorite meal of the day, there’s nothing we like more than digging into a filling dish that’ll keep us going all morning. However, usually preparing said dish requires standing around cooking all the different ingredients and then waiting for it all to bake together…with this dish we get to avoid all that!
Hash browns, sausage and cheese make up the heart of this “casserole,” and all we had to do was throw them together in the slow cooker and turn it on! You can make it the night before and then warm it up in the morning, or you can flip the switch in the morning and have some coffee while you wait – either way you get a delicious (and deliciously easy) breakfast that everyone will love!
Slow Cooker Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
Serves 6; 30min
- 1 (32 oz.) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 (15 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 16 oz. smoked sausage or chorizo, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- green onion, chopped, garnish
- Place hash browns, sausage and onion in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top, then cover with condensed soup.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or until hash browns and onions are tender.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.