After a summer spent leisurely by the grill, it’s back to cooler weather and less outdoor cooking. Our family has found a way to bring a little of that summertime flavor into the fall season: barbecue chicken pizza. We know when this comes out of the oven, the family will come running to the dinner table, since it’s basically impossible to resist this warm, cheesy goodness. This pizza is made with simple yet satisfying ingredients: tangy barbecue sauce, spicy red onion and gooey mozzarella cheese. We like to combine this with a side salad or sliced carrot sticks with ranch dressing as dipping sauce. It has absolutely become a go-to meal in our house and a great way to pep up leftover chicken. Try it this week!
Easy Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Serves 4 servings
- 1 cup preferred barbecue sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- Pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- Fresh cilantro, basil, or parsley, garnish
- Preheat oven according to package directions, typically 425℉.
- Use ½ cup barbecue sauce and spread it over the pizza crust.
- In a small bowl, mix ½ cup of barbecue sauce with the chopped chicken and toss until chicken is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle diced red onion followed by mozzarella cheese. Evenly distribute barbecue chicken mixture over the pizza.
- Put pizza into oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is crispy.
- Once the crust is cooked and cheese has melted to gooey perfection, remove pizza from oven and sprinkle fresh herbs over the pizza to garnish.
Recipe adapted from Just A Taste