I can’t even begin to describe how amazing this turned out!
If there’s two things we love in this house, it’s comfort food and easy dinners. That’s why we’re crazy about this chicken and mushrooms recipe. It has a tender chicken, earthy mushrooms, and a slightly sweet yet savory sauce. Put everything together into the slow cooker and just wait for a wonderfully delicious aroma to fill the kitchen.
We love the combination of herbs with the balsamic and brown sugar mixture. As wonderful as this is on its own, we often serve this with rice or pasta for a little more substance. And did we mention how delicious it smells?! Such a wonderful way to end the day…a slow cooked meal that was easy to prepare and even easier to eat. We love finding dinners that everyone loves, and we’re pretty sure this one is a winner.
Savory Chicken And Mushrooms
4 hours, 10 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, bone in with skin
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme + 2 fresh thyme stems
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts into slow cooker.
- Add onions and mushrooms, along with garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, brown sugar. Pour over top of chicken and veggies. Add 2 stems of thyme. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
Recipe adapted from Served From Scratch