This is the perfect brunch recipe – prep it up the night before and you’re good to go!
Sunday brunch has never looked or tasted so good! This easy, cheesy, spicy sausage croissant bake is big enough to serve the whole family and small enough to guarantee no leftovers — not that anyone would let this savory breakfast delight go to waste!
What we really love is that you can put everything together the night before and let it chill until morning. All we do the next day is pop it in the oven for a hassle-free brunch dish that is both filling and delicious.
Breakfast Sausage Croissant Bake
Serves 6-8; 1 hour 15 minutes active; 4 hours
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can butter flavored croissant rolls, cut into pieces
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 stalks green onion, finely chopped, optional
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Heat a large skillet and sauté Italian sausage with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, rosemary, green onions, if using. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly browned, spreading and turning often. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir eggs, milk, and cream together in a large bowl. Add parmesan cheese to mixture and stir to combine.
- Line the bottom of the casserole dish with the croissant pieces, then top with sausage. Pour egg and cheese mixture over the top.
- Use a rubber spatula to compress the mixture slightly. Cover with plastic wrap or foil.
- Refrigerate mixture 4-6 hours, or overnight if desired.
- Sprinkle grated gruyere (or swiss) cheese across the top and place casserole dish in oven. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from My Recipes