We love when simple ingredients combine to make something so wonderful!
Between homework, basketball practice, school functions, and work, getting dinner on the table can be a little tricky during the week. That’s why we have a stockpile of tried-and-true side dishes that are both easy and tasty. Take this recipe for cheesy roasted cauliflower for example. It bakes up in about 30 minutes and uses only one pan – all we need is a protein on the side and dinner is served.
We roast cauliflower florets with a dash of red pepper flakes before adding shredded cheese and popping the pan back in the oven to finish. The combination of cauliflower and cheese is a great alternative to mashed potatoes. We love to serve cheesy roasted cauliflower with chicken or pork chops. Roasted cauliflower is one way to bring a new vegetable dish to the family dinner table, and who can beat veggies topped with cheese? It’s a simple side dish that packs a big punch, and one that our family devours!
Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower
Serves 6; 30 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange cauliflower florets in casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with optional red pepper flakes.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.