We love the indulgent, fruity taste of this sweet and cinnamony apple cake, and we adore its simplicity. Crisp apple slices are tossed with brown sugar and plenty of cinnamon before they bake in a moist cake batter. Apples offer natural sweetness and pair beautifully with cinnamon. Comforting apple pie and yummy cake in a simple, crowd-friendly dessert casserole…sweet, satisfying and super delicious!
This apple cake is one of our favorite treats to take to parties and potlucks. If the irresistible taste isn’t enough, one of our favorite parts of this cake is how easy it is to whip together; just a few ingredients, like pantry staples and of course some apples, and we’ve got one delicious cake to enjoy! Simple and sweet, this apple cake casserole is an all-around winner.
Apple Cake Casserole
Serves 16 to 20 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 6 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss apple slices with cinnamon and brown sugar in large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, butter, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Combine baking soda, salt and flour in separate bowl. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and stir until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Pour batter into prepared dish. Bake in preheated oven 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Key Ingredient