If your family is anything like mine, then pizza night is always a huge hit! Unfortunately, my wallet (and waistline) can’t afford to do this every week, so I’ve tried out a few different homemade pizza recipes. While I enjoy the end result of homemade pizza, I don’t love all the prep-work that goes into making the dough and letting it rise and then rolling it out, etc., etc. So, why not try a crustless pizza? And while we’re at it, why not stick it in the crockpot for the ultimate easy meal?
Yes, this recipe is truly a win-win as far as the prep-work to deliciousness ratio goes. Go ahead and check out the recipe below to see how simple and tasty this dish is. You’ll be adding it to the dinner rotation in no time!
The first (and most time-consuming) step is browning the hamburger. And, hey, if that’s the worst of it, I’ll consider that a win! Toss in a few seasonings to give the meat an extra burst of flavor that will add to the whole pizza experience.
Once the meat is cooked, grease the bowl of your crockpot to ensure nothing gets burnt or stuck on the sides. (Note: It’s okay if the hamburger is a little undercooked since it will cook in the crockpot as well.) Layer on the meat and shredded mozzarella cheese, topped with pizza sauce and then slices of provolone cheese. That’s right, double the cheese! What’s not to love about that?
Finally, sprinkle your preferred pizza toppings on last. I went with a classic combo – pepperoni, onion, and green pepper. Feel free to switch it up! Let your pizza cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for 4 hours. That’s it!
I think your family is going to love this pizza option. Plus, without the crust, it’s practically healthy for you, right? Let’s not talk about the gooey cheese and double meat situation. That’ll be our little secret. Check out the recipe below!
Crustless Crockpot Pizza
Serves 6; Active: 10 minutes; Inactive: 2 hours
- 2lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- Pizza toppings of choice (pepperoni, green peppers, onion, etc.)
- Parmesan cheese & red pepper flakes for serving
- Add beef, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper into a skillet and brown the meat.
- Prepare the crockpot by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Add the ground beef and mozzarella cheese to the crockpot and stir to combine.
- Next, spread an even layer of pizza sauce, followed by provolone cheese slices. Finally, add your pizza toppings!
- Cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for 4 hours.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes!
Recipe adapted from: Moms With Crockpots.