This copycat recipe might be better than the original!
I love Cracker Barrel’s particular style of hearty, down-home cooking! Unfortunately, the nearest Cracker Barrel is almost three hours away from where I live. While I may not have eaten there in years, I still remember their savory, butter side dishes, creamy dumplings, and of course, those homemade biscuits!
One of my favorite side dishes to get at this restaurant is the carrots. Now, if you’ve never had Cracker Barrel carrots, you might think I’m crazy. Carrots over mashed potatoes? Heresy! If, however, you’ve experienced the sweet, savory, tender deliciousness that is Cracker Barrel carrots, then you’ll know what I’m talking about.
Not only is this recipe tasty as all get-out, but it’s also incredibly easy. Thanks to the use of the handy dandy crockpot, this recipe takes about 5 minutes to prepare. The slow cooker does the rest!
Let’s see how easy it is to throw together. Start by spraying the crockpot with non-stick spray. Next, add all of the ingredients except the water and parsley. Stir well to combine. Add water and cook on low for 6 hours. All that’s left is to drain the water before serving. Top with parsley, sea salt, and/or more brown sugar.
That’s it! Get the full ingredient list and instructions below!
Crockpot Cracker Barrel Carrots
10m prep time
6h cook time
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Optional: Parsley for topping
- Spray crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Add all of the ingredients except the water and parsley. Stir well to combine.
- Add water and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Drain water before serving. Top with parsley, sea salt, and/or more brown sugar.
Recipe adapted from Two Pink Peonies.