When we think of comfort food, we think of a meal like this.
When we think of comfort food, one of the first things to come to mind is the slow cooker and all the amazing comfort food meals we’ve enjoyed from this essential kitchen tool. Our recipe for creamy slow cooker chicken noodles is one of our favorite slow cooker meals. This might be something you’d only think of around the holidays, but why wait for a special occasion to whip up a special meal. Cream chicken noodles made in the slow cooker is simple yet hearty and of course, it’s absolutely delicious.
This is a meal that our family truly goes nuts for – it’s a rich and creamy noodle dish that isn’t at all flashy or pretentious, just good food that tastes as comfort should. First, we add the chicken and cream of chicken soup to the slow cooker, along with some chicken stock and a little bit of butter (because why not!). Depending on your time frame, you’ll set the slow cooker to low or high to cook the chicken. Once the chicken is done, we remove it from the pot and chop or shred it into bite-sized pieces. It goes back into the pot along with the noodles and cannellini beans. After about 30 minutes or so, the noodles should be just tender, so we give everything a good stir to make sure all of that wonderful sauce and bits of chicken are well mixed.
For the first few minutes after everyone is served, the table will go virtually silent as everyone enjoys each creamy noodly bite. And naturally, there’s more than a few mmm-mmm’s and yummms along the way. Our creamy slow cooker chicken noodles might not solve all of life’s problems, but it will make everyone pause and enjoy a warm, home-cooked meal that is comforting and delicious. Comfort food and slow cookers go hand in hand, and our creamy slow cooker chicken noodles are a great example of this relationship. We love knowing that our family will leave the table with a bellyful of delicious food.
Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodles
10 minutes active, 3.5 hours inactive
- 1 ½ - 2 pounds chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15.5) oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 cups (low-sodium) chicken broth
- ½ package fettuccini noodles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray basin of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken into the slow cooker. Add cream of chicken soup, garlic, and black pepper.
- Pour chicken broth over top and scatter over pieces of butter.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5-6 hours (or high for 3-4 hours).
- Remove chicken and chop into chunks. Return chicken to pot and add fettuccini noodles and cannellini beans.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the noodles are just tender.
Recipe adapted from Belle of the Kitchen.