Just be careful…it’s impossible to just eat one of these!
We’re of the belief that bacon goes well with everything, so it should come as no surprise that we decided to experiment with new appetizer the other day before we had some friends over. Taking a look at our fridge, we saw we had bacon (obviously) and some chicken breasts that we hadn’t used for dinner…so we figured why not put them together and roll them up to make sweet, spice-y, bite-sized snacks for people??
Well, we tried it out and let us tell you: it was great. The bacon, rolled in the brown sugar and cumin, ended up being the perfect balance of sweet and salty, and they were just filling enough to hold us over until dinner, without making us so full we couldn’t enjoy our meal together. Next time you’ve got some bacon and chicken hanging out in your refrigerator, give this recipe a go and see if it doesn’t win you over!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 pound bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Taking one (halved) strip of bacon, place a chicken cube on one end and roll it up, securing with a toothpick.
- Repeat with remaining chicken and bacon.
- Whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon and cumin in a small bowl, then roll each bacon-wrapped chicken in sugar mixture, pressing gently so it adheres.
- Transfer chicken to baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bacon is cooked and crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.