This incredible cheesecake is easier to make than it looks!
Words cannot express how pleased I am with how this recipe turned out! I mean seriously, how gorgeous is this cheesecake?! Would you believe it didn’t come straight from The Cheesecake Factory?
If you’re anything like me, then you might think that achieving cheesecake perfection of this magnitude is impossible or incredibly tedious. However, you might be surprised at how straight-forward this recipe is. There are quite a few steps, but they are all totally doable. There’s nothing mysterious about this recipe, it just takes time! I think you’ll agree it’s totally worth the effort.
Just look at this creamy, zesty, graham cracker-y masterpiece! There are three parts to getting the perfect cheesecake. First, the crust. In this recipe, the crust consists of graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Pretty standard stuff, yet it pairs perfectly with the rich lime of the cheesecake.
Next, there’s the filling itself. You might be surprised to learn that there’s no secret ingredient here, just cream cheese, lime zest & juice, sugar, eggs, and some cornstarch for texture. That’s another great thing about this recipe – not only is it relatively easy to throw together, but the ingredients are all simple.
You’ll bake the crust first for about 15 minutes, and then pour the filling on top once cooled. The trick to getting a smooth, even cheesecake like this one is to place a metal or glass pan on the bottom rack of the oven and pour in 3 cups of boiling water. Bake for about 50 minutes, then turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake inside for an additional 50-60 minutes before transferring to the fridge to cool for several hours.
See? There’s no great mystery to delicious cheesecake, it just takes some time and a little bit of elbow grease. Try out the recipe for yourself and get ready for the compliments from friends and family to pour in!
Copycat Cheesecake Factory Key Lime Pie
8 slices Prep 20m Cook 1h 15m Inactive 4h
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 bars (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 eggs
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- lime zest or slices for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 300° and lightly spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a medium bowl.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides (about 1/2" up) of the prepared springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, and lime zest together with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add lime juice and mix until combined. Add the eggs and mix until just combined. Don't over mix because it can cause the cheesecake to crack while baking.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the crust and spread evenly. Place a metal or glass pan on the bottom rack of the oven and pour in 3 cups of boiling water.
- Set the cheesecake on the upper rack and bake for 55-65 minutes until the cheesecake is set around the edges. You can expect a slight jiggle in the center of the cheesecake.
- When the cheesecake is done cooking, turn the oven off and prop the oven door open about 4 inches. Keep the cheesecake in the oven for an hour until it is completely cooled.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight is best.
- When ready to serve, whip together the cream and place a dollop on top!
Recipe adapted from: Jen Around the World.