This isn’t the first time we’ve taken a basic cracker and baked it into something that’s positively addicting. There’ve been Alabama Fire Crackers and Old Bay Baked Oyster Crackers, too, but these ones are aptly named because they have everyone coming back for more after just one bite. Our Come Back Crackers are irresistibly crispy but with a cheesy ranch zest that’s honestly pretty hard to quit. They’re good, real good, and they’ll get a ton of attention wherever you happen to bring them.
You might be thinking, a Ritz cracker is plenty good on its own and I don’t disagree in the slightest. But it turns out that baking them makes them even better. See, they get even crispier and it seems to bring out their buttery flavor even more too. And if you go ahead and pair them with a couple of simple seasonings, it transforms them into a complete package of a crave-worthy snack rather than something you might just pair with a slice of cheese.
So here’s the process:
You melt some butter, and you stir in a packet of ranch seasoning and some garlic powder before you toss the crackers in the mixture until they’re all coated. Then, you add a little grated parmesan to the party because I just can’t think of a situation where that hasn’t improved matters. The crackers lay out on a baking sheet and head into the oven for just fifteen minutes where they get golden brown and all kinds of crisp.
An unbaked butter cracker is crisp, sure. But when they’re baked they lose a bit of their crumble and have a sturdier crunch. Pair that with the undeniable deliciousness of ranch flavor and a little parm, and it’s practically a party in your mouth. And yes, these are always a great option to bring to a party, but you don’t really need an occasion at all to make them… because they are the party.
Come Back Crackers
5m prep time
15m cook time
- 1 large box Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, melt butter and whisk in ranch seasoning and garlic powder.
- Add crackers to bowl and toss to coat. Add parmesan and toss once more.
- Arrange crackers on baking sheets in a single layer and drizzle with any remaining butter mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Instrupix.