Chrissy Teigen’s banana bread first took the internet by storm in 2017, so I am verrrry late to this party but boy am I glad I’ve shown up. As it turns out, this banana bread deserves all of the hype it has gotten. It’s not only stuffed with coconut and chocolate for a more unique banana bread flavor, the bundt pan preparation also turns out a crumb that’s wonderfully tender and moist. It’s really truly delicious. I’ve had another go-to banana bread recipe I’ve used for years, but I dare say this has replaced it!
You can bake this in two loaf pans or one bundt pan, but I highly recommend the latter. Baked in the bundt pan, this bread comes out moist and tender in a way that’s hard to replicate in a smaller loaf.
Because of that volume, this requires a lot of bananas. (Like six of them, as you might recall from when Chrissy put a call out to her Twitter followers for brown bananas since she didn’t have enough at home.)
But it’s not all about the bananas. This bread also includes shredded coconut and chunks of chocolate, which add just enough extra sweetness and a really delicious chew that you maybe didn’t know was missing from banana bread before.
Chrissy suggests slathering this with a bit of salted butter and she’s absolutely correct that it’s the perfect accompaniment. The saltiness sets off the sweetness of the bread and it brings everything right into balance. Chrissy says it took her a year to perfect this recipe, and honestly, it was well worth that amount of effort. She did it – I can’t imagine a better banana bread.
Chrissy Teigen's Banana Bundt Bread
10m prep time
1h cook time
- 2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed (about 6 bananas)
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil, plus more for the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (3.5 oz) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (3.5 oz) bar dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, and oil.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir together gently but thoroughly. Fold in coconut and chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60-80 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in the pan, then run a butter knife around the sides and center of the pan to release onto a plate.
- Let cool before slicing. Serve with salted butter and enjoy!
Recipe by Chrissy Teigen.