It doesn’t get more quintessentially American comfort food than a cheeseburger and fries. Sometimes you just get a craving for a delicious burger with a side of piping hot, crispy fries, am I right? This Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole takes all of those savory, seasoned flavors that you love and combines them with fries, all in casserole form. This meal is as easy as browning hamburger, mixing in a few ingredients, and popping it all in the oven.
Seriously, this recipe comes together in a jiffy, which is perfect for those busy weeknights or when you just don’t have the time or energy to make something more time-consuming.
Start by placing the ground beef in a skillet, along with the spices to create a perfectly seasoned beef layer. Then add cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese soup. It may sound like an odd combo, but trust me, it works in this recipe. All that cheesy, creamy goodness makes for the perfect cheeseburger substitute!
Once the beef mixture is heated through, pour into a pan and top with frozen fries. After that, simply bake the casserole for 50 minutes and top with your favorite dipping sauces or fry seasoning. This meal is sure to be a hit with the family! I mean, what’s not to love? Cheese, deliciously seasoned beef, crispy, crinkle-cut fries, and a casserole that takes less than 15 minutes to throw together. Go ahead and see the recipe down below to get started!
Cheeseburger And Fries Casserole
Serves 8; 10 minutes active; 50 minutes inactive
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 can (10 3/4oz) condensed mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 3/4oz) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 package (20oz) frozen crinkle-cut french fries
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place ground beef in a large skillet and season with mustard powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until brown.
- Stir in soups and pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Arrange fries on top. Bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes, or until fries are golden brown.
- Optional: top with ketchup, mustard, or your favorite dipping sauce
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.