Looking for yet another pasta salad to keep your side dish game strong over the summer? We’ve got you covered, what with our seemingly-endless amount of the dish that just keeps on giving. Gone are the days of throwing pasta and mayonnaise together and calling it good, we like our pasta salads jam-packed with ingredients and flavor, filling us up and keeping us full long after we’ve left the pool party or backyard BBQ.
Not only does a good pasta salad require lots of flavor and yummy components, we also like some good texture and consistency to be happening as well – why not have something a little crunchy in there to make it interesting? Here, we’ve got a barbeque ranch vibe going on, to which we added extra-crunchy corn chips for that extra oomph that really takes things over the top (in the best way possible).
We went with rotini noodles, with all those little grooves as much of the yummy dressing as possible, then honey barbecue sauce and sour cream, for a creamy, flavorful dressing that has us coming back for more. Then black beans, corn, bell pepper, red onion, chicken and cheese ensure that we’ve got a full meal here, if that’s what we want it to be. Protein from the beans and chicken, nutrients from the born and bell pepper…this dish has everything you could want! Then the chips…the crispy, crunchy, delightfully salty chips that tie everything together. We were hooked after the first bite!
BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad
- 1 pound rotini, elbow macaroni or rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup honey barbecue dressing
- 1/3 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can whole corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1 (1 oz.) packet dry ranch seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Whisk together barbecue dressing and sour cream in a medium bowl, then whisk in dry ranch seasoning and paprika. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- Combine pasta, black beans, corn, bell pepper, red onion, chicken and cheddar cheese in a large, serving bowl.
- Pour dressing over everything in serving bowl, than add fresh cilantro. Toss together until everything is evenly coated.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with corn chips.Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Spicy Southern Perspective