Growing up I rarely remember my mom making meatloaf. I know it’s a major comfort food for lots of people, but I didn’t really get the fuss until recently. After trying this bbq meatloaf sheet pan dinner I can see now why it’s a family favorite in so many households! This sheet pan version only dirties up one pan and that’s a real time saver. But, more than that the flavor it simply unbeatable.
To get the recipe started bake your small potatoes in the oven with salt, pepper, and olive oil. I used fingerling potatoes and the long ones I cut in half to make sure they all cooked at the same rate.
While the potatoes are cooking combine your mini meatloaf ingredients. It’s nice if you can do this early on in the process, that way the flavors have time to combine. You’ll need half a cup of bbq sauce in the meatloaves. I accidentally bought the spicy, no sugar added sauce and I was blown away by how much of a difference it made to the recipe. Each bite of the meatloaf had a wonderful, rich flavor and it wasn’t too sweet. I highly recommend this style of bbq sauce for this recipe.
I found that the amount in the ingredients made 7 mini meatloaves instead of 6 so I was happily surprised.
The broccoli gets the same treatment as the potatoes and everything goes into the oven together once you shove the potatoes over.
For the last few minutes of cooking put some more bbq sauce on top and place the pan under the broiler. Using this method the broccoli gets a little charred which is the perfect flavor to go with smokey bbq sauce.
If you’re a bbq sauce fiend like me you can serve this yummy dinner with yet more sauce on the side. This is a really easy, tasty, and wonderful sheet pan dinner with minimal clean up.
BBQ Meatloaf Sheet Pan Dinner
25m prep time
49m cook time
- 24 oz fingerling or other small potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large head broccoli (or 1 lb), cut into florets
- 1 1/4 cups bbq sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Place potatoes on large sheet pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While potatoes bake combine beef, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and combine well. Form into 6 patties or mini loaves.
- Move potatoes to one end of sheet pan. Place meatloaves in middle, then add broccoli to the other end. Drizzle broccoli with remaining olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Top meatloaves with remaining BBQ sauce then place under broiler for 2-4 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Prevention RD.