We’d eat pretty much anything that’s wrapped in bacon. So this bacon brown sugar chicken is one meal that we absolutely can’t get enough of. Chicken breast rubbed with brown sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper would be flavorful on its own, but when it’s wrapped in bacon well, a plain chicken breast becomes out-of-this-world good. This is a dish that’s just as good for a weeknight dinner with the family as it is for a dinner party. Our bacon brown sugar chicken is super easy to make and so delicious to eat. Here’s how we do it.
As in any dish, we want to build layers of flavor, especially when we’re working with a blank canvas like chicken breast. It starts with the brown sugar rub. Brown sugar has a sweet-spicy warmth that pairs so well with the salty bacon. We wanted even more flavor, which of course means a little kosher salt and black pepper, as well as garlic, and the savory rub is ready to go. The chicken is tossed in this sweet and savory rub. Don’t throw away any of the rub that is still in the bowl! We’ll use that later.
And now for the bacon. We wrap each chicken breast with a couple of slices of bacon then place the chicken breasts into a lightly greased casserole dish and sprinkle with the reserved brown sugar rub. We love the sweet glaze that it creates as it melts over the top of the chicken. Into the oven it goes to bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked. It’s that simple! The bacon adds flavor but also acts as a kind of baste for the chicken, keeping the meat tender and juicy. Bacon brown sugar chicken is packed with flavor and is super easy to make, just bacon and some seasoning from the spice drawer! You’ll win over a hungry dinner crowd with this delicious dish.
Bacon Brown Sugar Chicken
Serves 4 30 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10-12 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Wrap each piece of chicken in bacon, trying to keep the ends on the bottom to prevent unwrapping.
- Place wrapped chicken into a baking pan with high sides.
- Pour any remaining brown sugar mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cook until browned and cooked through, 25-30 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Dinner Then Dessert.