Everybodyâ€™s craved and enjoyed the classic apple fritter, but would you believe us if we told you there was an even better, sister-fruit fritter that blew aforementioned apple fritter out of the water?? Itâ€™s true! We wanted something a little more seasonally appropriate, in order to make use of all the peaches weâ€™ve been bringing home, so we decided to make a peach version. Let us tell you, this dessert is amazing. Itâ€™s not too sweet (thank you, cinnamon, for added some depth of flavor), and has the slightest bite to it, once you bite into a piece of peach…in short, these bad boys are perfection! Whether you make these for a decadent breakfast or as dessert after a light summer dinner, you canâ€™t go wrong.
20 minutes to prepare serves 8-10
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- canola oil, for frying
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Beat in eggs, milk and melted butter and vanilla, and mix until just combined, then gently fold in peaches.
- Heat 2-3 inches oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat to approximately 375Âº F.
- In a medium bowl, pour 3 tablespoons milk into 1 cup powdered sugar to make glaze. Whisk together until smooth, adding more milk for a thinner glaze, less for a thick one.
- Using a long-handled spoon, carefully lower 1/3 cup batter into hot oil (it will sink) and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until fritter rises to the surface of oil and is golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove fritters from oil and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Drizzle glaze over the fritters and serve immediately!
Recipe adapted from Bunnyâ€™s Warm Oven