Teri Peters submitted her recipe for White Chicken Chili in the Thanksgiving Family Favorite Sides Recipe Contest. Her rich and creamy, hearty chicken chili is sure to warm you up from the inside out. Teri’s chicken chili is made with a combination of pantry staples and fresh ingredients, all brought together in one pot of goodness.
White Chicken Chili by Teri Peters
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 can mushrooms (drained)
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 carton chicken broth
- 1 LG sour cream
- 1qt half & half
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 bag shredded cheese
- 3 cans pinto beans
- 1 can corn, rinsed
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 Tbs Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb
- 1 Tbs dried basil
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- Knorr chicken bouillon
- In a pot dump all your soups and liquids together including sour cream and half & half. Whisk that all together.
- Whisk in the herbs and seasonings. Start heating being mindful not to scorch.
- Shred chicken and spinach leaves. Stir into the pot. Add drained mushrooms, beans, and corn
- Bring everything up to heat without scorching. Low, slow heat is best for anything creamy.
- Once your spinach and chicken are hot, add in your shredded cheese and serve.
- If it is too liquidity for your liking use instant taters to help thicken to desired consistency. Whisk those in to help reduce lumps.
- Best served with garlic bread and a side salad.