I suppose that sometimes when you want dip you have time for a lot of chopping and sauteeing and baking but more often when a craving strikes, you want to be able to quash that craving fast, and when you’re craving something that’s creamy and zesty, this is the dip you need. See, it takes only ten minutes (if that) to throw together. In other words, you can go from craving to dipping in practically no time at all!
This dip is SO easy and SO tasty. Ready?
The base is sour cream and cream cheese, which is a combination that’s very creamy but has a little bit of weight to it. Those are flavored with taco seasoning and salsa. All you do is mix those four things together and get them into a serving dish. That’s it!
The rest of the dip is all about toppings and you can use whatever you love to put on a taco. We’ve gone with crunchy iceberg lettuce, juicy tomatoes, plenty of cheese, and some sliced black olives, but you can absolutely add and subtract from that list as you see fit. It’s such a simple dip, but it’s so satisfying too – just zesty enough and oh-so creamy.
Ten-Minute Taco Dip
10m prep time
- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- Black olives, sliced
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sour cream, taco seasoning, and salsa, and continue beating until combined.
- Transfer to serving dish, such as a pie plate. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and olives.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Eating on a Dime.